Beyond Exteriors has provided flat roof repair and replacement services in Northern Virginia since 2010. We install residential flat roofing systems in Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, and communities throughout Northern Virginia. We offer:
- A wide range of flat roof product and application options
- Exceptional best-in-class roofing products
- Experienced roofing contractors
- Accurate estimates
- Follow-ups after project completion to ensure satisfaction
Flat Roof Replacement: Roofing Styles & Options
Flat Metal Roofs
A flat metal roof is a popular choice in Northern Virginia. We’ve installed flat aluminum roofs in Fairfax, Alexandria, and Arlington.
Advantages of flat metal roofs:
- Energy efficiency: Metal roofing reflects heat from the sun, which keeps cooling costs down.
- A long life span: A metal roof can last 40 to 70 years, depending on the product.
- Easy installation: Our crews can install a flat aluminum roof quickly.
- Durability: A flat metal roof can withstand high winds, heavy rain, and falling debris.
- Low maintenance: A flat metal roof is a lasting investment ― they require very little upkeep.
Get a free estimate on low-slope or flat metal roof installation in Northern Virginia.
Built-Up Flat Roofing
In Northern Virginia, built-up roofs are an affordable and efficient flat roof option. A built-up roof system ― typically called BUR ― is made with layers of tar and gravel, which is why they’re sometimes called tar and gravel roofs, too.
Advantages of built-up roofing (BUR):
- Affordability: Pricing for built-up roof systems is very economical.
- Durability: A built-up roof is tough enough to resist punctures, tears, and splitting. It also protects against fire and strong winds.
- Waterproofing: The tight layers of a BUR system create a waterproof roof that provides exceptional protection.
- Energy efficiency: Most built-up roofing systems have a high-reflective layer to protect against UV rays and help maintain a cool building.
Get a free estimate on built-up roofing installation in Northern Virginia.
Modified Bitumen Roofing
Similar to a built-up roof, modified bitumen roofing is designed for low-slope and flat roofs. Modified bitumen roofing systems are one of the most popular flat roofing systems in Northern Virginia. MB roofing systems feature a plastic that provides roofing membranes with durability, UV protection, and weather-resistant properties.
Advantages of modified bitumen roofs:
- Performance: MB roofing has a decades-long track record of effectiveness.
- Waterproofing: The superior protection against rain and snowmelt are ideal for flat roofs.
- Protection: Modified bitumen roofs can be installed as part of a fire-, wind- or hail-rated roof system.
- UV and heat resistance: Modified bitumen has high reflective properties to keep energy costs down and defend against the sun’s radiation.
Get a free estimate on modified bitumen roofing installation in Northern Virginia.
For many Northern Virginia properties, a rubber roof installation is an easy, durable option for a flat roof. An EPDM roof (ethylene propylene diene terpolymer) is engineered to resist sunlight and can be installed easily with fasteners or adhesive.
Advantages of rubber membrane roofing:
- Cost: Less expensive roofing materials make the cost of rubber roof installations favorable compared to other materials.
- Easy installation: A rubber roof’s easier installation equates to lower labor costs.
- Long-lasting: A rubber roof can last 50+ years in ideal conditions.
- Easy repairs: If a rubber roof leaks, repairs are quick, easy, and typically inexpensive.
Get a free estimate on rubber roof installation in Northern Virginia.
If you’re looking for a premium commercial roofing option, consider PVC roofing. The superior performance of single-ply PVC roofing is ideal for larger commercial roofing jobs. A PVC roofing membrane is impermeable to moisture and offers exceptional heat-reflective qualities without the need for additional coatings or treatments.
Advantages of PVC roofing:
- Premium performance: Although PVC roofing costs more than other materials, the superior performance offers exceptional durability and long-lasting protection.
- Energy efficiency: PVC roofing is naturally white, so it provides extraordinary heat reflection that helps keep commercial cooling costs lower.
- Chemical resistance: If your facility exhausts chemicals through ventilation, PVC roofing is an ideal choice for its ability to withstand chemical exposure.
Get a free estimate on PVC roofing installation in Northern Virginia.
Flat Roof Repair Services
The most common challenge with flat roofs is moisture. If a flat roof is installed poorly or the site lacks adequate drainage, rain or melting snow and ice can pool on the roof. This can lead to the deterioration of the roof over time. Pooled water also creates an environment for mold and mildew growth.
Beyond Exteriors provides experienced flat roof repairs in Northern Virginia. We can fix:
- Flat roof cracking
- Flat roof leaking
- Flat roof sagging
- Rotted decking
- Damaged chimney and vent flashing
Get a free estimate on commercial or residential flat roof repair in Northern Virginia.