Windows play an important role in your home. They provide a view of the exterior, allow natural light to enter, permit ventilation, and accent the building’s architecture. You expect a lot from your windows, including efficient performance, ease of operation, and home security. After years of standing up to the elements, your windows may have finally reached the end of their life span.
If you’re looking for quality window replacement services in Northern Virginia, Beyond Exteriors can meet your needs. We install a variety of window styles designed to exceed your expectations with their advanced features and beautiful aesthetics.
To schedule window replacement in your Northern Virginia home, contact us today!
Types of Replacement Windows
Consider the replacement windows we offer, along with their unique advantages, to help you decide what’s best for your home.
- Vinyl windows: Vinyl is a lower-cost window replacement option, but that doesn’t mean it’s low-quality. Vinyl is durable and requires little maintenance, never needing to be painted, sanded, or refinished. It’s also energy-efficient to improve home insulation and comfort.
- Fiberglass windows: This material is praised for its ability to withstand extreme temperatures, moisture, pests, UV light, and salty coastal air. High-end fiberglass windows from Beyond Exteriors also mimic the beauty of wood while offering superior strength and longevity.
- Wood and wood-clad windows: Wood is a traditional window material, dating as far back as windows themselves. They offer unmatched warmth and customizability, as they can be painted or stained any color you want. To reduce maintenance requirements, consider choosing wood-clad windows with real wood on the interior of your home and durable fiberglass on the exterior.
- VELUX skylights: Add light from above with VELUX Sun Tunnels and skylights. This brand is celebrated for its visible light transmittance, solar heat deflection, and no-leak performance.
Reach out to Beyond Exteriors to learn more about the replacement windows we offer.
Signs You Should Replace Your Windows
It could be time to schedule window replacement services if you notice any of these signs:
- Uncomfortable drafts: Uneven temperatures from room to room and noticeable drafts make it clear — your windows are inefficient and should be replaced.
- Rising utility bills: If you need more evidence of your windows’ poor performance, examine your utility bills from the past few years. Failing windows could be at least partly to blame for a rise in heating and cooling costs.
- High degree of noise transfer: Modern windows are tightly sealed to block out not just hot and cold air but noise as well. Place your ear near the edge of the window. If you can clearly hear activities happening outside, it might be time for an upgrade.
- Moldy or rotten window frames: Wood windows are particularly vulnerable to these problems, which indicate that moisture has gotten in. Replacing your windows is the best way to fix this issue.
- Broken or hard-to-operate windows: Do your windows refuse to stay open? Are they stubborn and difficult to move? Make an upgrade to improve home ventilation and enjoy windows that are easy to open and close.
Why Choose Beyond Exteriors for Window Replacement in Northern VA?
If you’re looking for a responsive window installer that prioritizes customer satisfaction above all else, choose Beyond Exteriors for your window replacement project. Our knowledgeable crew has over 10 years of hands-on experience installing and replacing windows in Northern Virginia. Plus, every window we install is covered by our Glass Breakage and Full Lifetime Warranty for your peace of mind.
Let us act as your complete home exterior service provider! In addition to windows, our other services include roofing, siding, insulation, and gutters. We’ll put all our effort into optimizing the appearance and performance of your home’s exterior.
Ready to get started? Schedule your free window replacement estimate with us today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to replace all my windows?
Replacing all your windows simultaneously will give you the best energy-efficient results. If you have rot or mold, it’s best to replace all your windows to prevent them from spreading.
What's the best type of window to get?
Every window design has a unique set of benefits, so there is no “best window,” only the best window for you. If it’s energy efficiency you’re aiming for, a triple-glazed window with a fiberglass frame and low-E coating will achieve the best results, but if you’re hoping to add a classic aesthetic to your architecture, mahogany and walnut might suit you better. Our expert team at Beyond Exteriors is happy to help go through the different options available for your next window replacement project.
How long will newly replaced windows last?
Windows generally have a life span of 15 to 30 years, but the materials you choose will affect their life span. Harsh climates will also weigh heavily on your windows. Regarding materials, vinyl and fiberglass resist rust, warping, and peeling.
Can I replace my own windows?
DIY window replacements are time-consuming and expensive. You’ll need to invest in more than just your windows. The tools required for this project come at a premium price, and that’s before you start having to cover the damage caused by an unprofessional installation. It’s best to hire licensed and insured window installers to protect yourself and your home from unnecessary damages.